I thought it best to start with this so everything is clear from the gate. I am going to give you a list of things that will not be appreciated, and others that will not be tolerated. Just to let you know, I don’t want to have to ban anyone from the post.
1. no profanities.- I talk like a sailor, so if I have to clean up my language so do you.
2. no juvenile behavior.- If you’re taking the time to post here one would hope you have something to contribute rather than just posting to call people names. Does this mean that I think people shouldn’t be called out WHEN needed? absolutely not. But I would hope that people take feelings into consideration for the little things.
3. The words ‘expert’, ‘perfect’, and ‘normal’ are not to be used.– The reason being is that two of them don’t exist and the third is an opinion. Also, I can’t think of any way to use them in a positive manner. but if you think “normal” should be allowed let me know. I’m not above hearing anyone (that makes sense) out.
4. Please treat people the way you wish to be treated.- this is the hardest one to fallow. But if everyone did we wouldn’t be in the messes we are in.
5. Post links to referances.- Anyone can say whatever they want. but, that doesn’t make it true. so, if you state something as fact please make sure to put a link to where you got it from. I will be doing the same.
One would think these to be simple. but you would be surprised.
Now to let you know a little about me. I am a practicing Taoist of about 10 years. Does that mean that I am good at it? No. I do try, but that’s why I say practicing.
I am a visual, active learner, and a global thinker. That means I can jump around a lot when trying to explain things. so for this I apologize in advance. if you can’t see how I link thing together let me know and I’ll try to explain better.
Now to get to the point of this blog. I know people think Utopia is not possible but I think we owe it to our selves to figure out how to get as close to it as we can.
I think it is very obvious that what we are doing now is not working and it never will. There are too many flaws to work out and I don’t think it’s worth it to try because it would take forever, and when I say forever I mean with all the so-called laws we have now to go through every one (and we would have to) would take at lest a hundred years. most likely longer. I beleave it would be best to just start over from scratch.
I believe everyone is capable of working they just have to find the right job to suit their needs. I am excluding people in vegetative states for obvious reasons.
I also believe no one should have to work themselves to death either. In fact, if we only focused on the necessities to start we wouldn’t have to work very hard at all. I’m talking about food, shelter, and water. Then, (in my opinion) we need to focus on the sciences. I don’t think I need to explain their leave of importance.
I think that’s enough to get started. I’ll try to post at least once a week if not more, and I will be checking for feedback daily. Please feel free to add your thoughts. That is what this is here for.
Also, I will be adding polls to this to find out what we should be focusing on.